Alpenglow Collective is looking for a social media savvy intern to join our growing executive team to help with Media and PR outreach initiatives. You should have experience in marketing, PR, and/or social media. We are looking for applicants who are passionate about the outdoors and climbing, and who want to grow Alpenglow Collective’s community.
You will be a crucial member of our team and will work closely with co-founders to collaborate on social media campaigns and tailoring Alpenglow’s brand and story. We are in the formative stage of crafting how to portray our vision and brand, and encourage you to bring your thoughts and recommendations to the table. This position would be ideal for someone who is passionate about creating a women’s climbing community and wishes to make meaningful contributions to this important project. Our team is small and passionate about this project, and we are looking for an intern with a high level of enthusiasm looking to gain great online experience working in a start-up environment.
- Work closely with co-founders and the Alpenglow executive team to create and implement social media campaigns
- Collaborate creatively with executive team on the vision and future of the site
- Help in the creation and definition of Alpenglow Collective’s social media brand and story
- Monitor and post on social networks as well as create/collect content for community page.
- Monitor analytics with executive team to identify positive trends and viable social media tactics
- Aid in online outreach and promotion to potential partners
- Assist in the general distribution of press releases and media alerts
- Provide support to our marketing team at live and online events
- Be willing to dedicate 5-10 hours a week (hour commitment may vary depending on event schedules and media campaigns)
- Bi-monthly skype or phone meetings with Alpenglow executive team
- Social media savvy
- Strong writing and emailing etiquette
- Passion for photography as a form of expression and storytelling, photo editing skills
- Creative and innovative eye for digital design and layout
- Understanding the role of digital media in business ventures
- Knowledge of social media tactics, cultural trends, and the ins and outs of Facebook and Instagram // Knowledge of current and past climbing culture with the ability to portray through social media including Facebook and Instagram
- Understanding and aligning with intentional and strategic partnerships in order to build a strong and supportive community
- Ability to communicate effectively and honestly
- Navigates well under pressure and firm deadlines
- Multi-Tasking Badass
- Strong analytical skills and an understanding of online trends
- Must be self motivated and able to manage independent time well
- Our current budget is very limited, as we are in the growth stage of our startup, but we will compensate any expenditures such as gas, food, lodging, when attending events.
- Experience with an up-and-coming women-led business, which made it to the final round of Venture Out, a prestigious startup competition with Bend Outdoor Worx
You do not have to be a climber to apply, but personal interest and passion for this project is essential. All genders welcome to apply.