Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Brooke Schauder
    Brooke Schauder
    Participant

Looking to climb in the Bay Area, Tahoe, Yosemite, mostly weekends. Would love to get to the Valley before it’s too hot. I don’t have a campground so would have to sleep outside the park or try to find a campground share. Have a 70m and rack. Let me know if you’re looking to get out some weekends!

Vicki Schwantes
    Vicki Schwantes
    Participant

Hey Brooke!
    I’m in Sacramento and looking for partners. I’m also a weekend warrior and often looking to get out for the weekend or a day. Not sure if you’re new to the area or not. I’ve been here a couple of years, but happy to repeat things you might be interested in climbing. I lead sport up to 5.12 (projecting at that level) and trad up to 5.10 with some 5.11 projects. I just registered for this group and have to flesh out my profile, but I have a Mountain Project profile here: https://www.mountainproject.com/user/106883001/vicki-schwantes.

On Valley camping, the next release for Valley camp sites is April 15 and I figure I’ll try to see what I can get. I used to crash in El Portal, but that’s not really an option. Hardin Flat Road outside the 120 entrance is still good. Anyway, maybe we can plan to meet up for a day trip or something some time soon. I’m available the next couple weekends. Still trying to figure them out.
    Hope to hear from you!
    Cheers,
    Vicki

Brooke Schauder
    Brooke Schauder
    Participant

Hi Vicki

So sorry I didn’t reply sooner but I’d just signed up for this site and have just figured out how to use it. I didn’t see your response until I happened to log in now – so I didn’t get notified or I did but had no idea . Anyway, I actually came up for a different weekend plan when I didn’t (know) I had anyone interested in the valley. I have crashed at Hardin and n 120 though so for the future… Anyway, let me know when you’re into heading out there again or if you want t meet for a day trip.

Brooke

Vicki Schwantes
    Vicki Schwantes
    Participant

Hi Brooke,
    No worries. I actually didn’t realize I was replying about a specific weekend, just thought in general. Ha! I can’t get out this weekend due to work travel, I have either the last weekend in April or first in May open, if you’re game for one of those let me know. I do have to check in with another potential partner next week, we had talked about one of those weekends as well. Maybe a day trip to Tahoe or something? I’d also be game for a weekend in the Valley if you’re psyched on specific routes.
    Cheers,
    Vicki

Aviva Maslow
    Aviva Maslow
    Participant

Does anyone want to climb this Sunday (4/22) in the Bay area?

Toni Bermeo
    Toni Bermeo
    Participant

I can do that! Just sent you a message. The weather should be nice. Let’s get this climbing started!😎Toni

Kelsey Almendariz
    Kelsey Almendariz
    Participant

Hey Brooke and other ladies! I am living in North Fork, CA right now, working for the Sierra Nat’l Forest and have weekend availability Fri-Sun. I’ll be here until Sept. 30 and want to have some big adventures! Reach out if you are interested. I’m having trouble cracking into the community here and around Oakhurst, but I’d hate to be so close to the Valley and the rest of the Sierras and not get stronger this summer. (310) 968-5675

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.