Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Katie Bunge
    Katie Bunge
    Participant

Hey ladies,

In the next year, I’m looking to find my first comfortable 40-45 liter pack for alpine climbing and mountaineering. What is your favorite female-friendly pack?

Thank you kindly!

Emily Mannisto
    Emily Mannisto
    Keymaster

Hey Katie!

Finding an alpine pack for women that actually fits is really hard! I looked for forever but the torso was always too long and the hipbelt all weird. What I ended up with that really works and kind of gives me a custom fit, is Granite Gear’s Leopard 58 (which cinches down to the size of a daypack if you need). You can fully adjust the torso length and can swap out waist bands, which I did – i got a men’s slim fit for the pack and swapped the waistband out for a women’s XS. Hope this helps!

-Emily

http://www.travelcountry.com/shop/granite-gear/leopard-ac-58-backpack.html?RefId=29&RefType=Affiliate&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIi57hnbPd1gIVBJN-Ch2-mgZVEAQYAyABEgL3s_D_BwE

Anonymous

This is very late response, but my favourite new piece of gear from last winter is my BD Speed 40. Leightweight, perfect for ice and alpine, fits my helmet in the lid, secures ice tools in a flash and I love the hip belt with gear loops!

Emily Mannisto
    Emily Mannisto
    Keymaster

Ooh that one looks so slim and not bulky. Definitely interested.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.