Alpenglow Collective is looking to build our team of Ambassadors!
As a grassroots, volunteer organization we are looking for passionate people willing to devote their time and energy to growing our community.
Alpenglow Collective is an organization of climbers. Historically, climbing is a mentorship based sport, with information being passed down from older climbing generations to new ones. Alpenglow Collective provides a platform to foster mentorships within the women’s and trans climbing community and to advocate for climbers with genders that are historically underrepresented in the climbing community at large.
As an Ambassador, you are an ally for all members of Alpenglow Collective –whether their identities are similar to or different from yours. In order to create an inclusive community, it is imperative that our Ambassadors are knowledgeable about inequalities in the outdoor community. Ambassadors know that these inequalities are not limited to gender and/or sexual orientation, and extend to include race, class, age, ability, and citizenship status, just to name a few identity markers. For a basic rundown on gender, check out the About page on the website for additional resources surrounding gender and identity (if you’d like more, let us know!).
Our leadership team is small, passionate, and determined to break barriers within the climbing community–and we are looking for Ambassadors who share that passion. You will be a crucial member of this organization, building inclusive community for women and trans climbers across the country. Because Alpenglow Collective is a constantly evolving organization, we encourage you to bring your own unique dreams and skills to our growing team.
With two levels of Alpenglow Ambassadors and Lead Ambassadors, you are able to commit to various levels of involvement. It’s all about a healthy balance y’all!
REQUIREMENTS: what do I do as an Alpenglow Collective Ambassador?
All Alpenglow Collective Ambassadors are expected to:
- Work with Alpenglow Collective Leadership Team
- Help coordinate quarterly events. Some past events have included:
- Partner with other organizations aligned with Alpenglow Collective’s mission (e.g., Out There Adventures, SheJumps, Boldly Went, and more!)
- Media discussion nights
- Skill building workshops for climbing
- Allyship 101 workshops
- Climbing meetups– at the gym, or at your local crag
- Non-climbing-focused meetups (e.g., get local climbers together for a beverage or a meal!)
- 2 (or more!) social media posts (facebook/instagram/twitter) per month promoting Alpenglow Collective
- Quarterly Ambassador google hangout sessions to connect with other Ambassadors around the country
- Pursue education about gender identity and how advocate for women, trans, and gender non-conforming people, and be able to have (informal and/or formal!) conversations around these issues
- Have other skills you want to hone and grow? LET US KNOW!
Are you an organizer at heart and need a space to harness that energy? As a Lead Ambassador, you will be the point person in your local Alpenglow Collective community.
Lead Alpenglow Collective Ambassadors are expected to:
- Lead and coordinate planning of local quarterly events
- Represent your area to Alpenglow Collective leadership
- Working closely with Co-Founder & Ambassador Program developer
- Additional activities according to individual interest and experience
BENEFITS: What do I get out of this?
- The opportunity to build real, genuine communities
- Partnerships with other organizations and companies
- Free entry to Alpenglow Collective events
- Experience with an up-and-coming women and trans-led business, which made it to the final round of Venture Out, a prestigious startup competition with Bend Outdoor Worx
- COMING SOON! Alpenglow swag – tank tops + banners + bandannas + patches + stickers